Dance and Laugh and Dance again – Laugh because you love to do it, Dance because your soul has wings, Dance because you cannot help it. – Mr. John Price 5/25/1923
- Drop off and Pick up only, enter at the side of the building and exit in the back of the building. Young dancers will be escorted to the parking lot.
- Staff and dancers are to wear a mask and maintain social distance.
- Temperatures will be checked once arriving at the studio.
- We ask that you use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting the studio.
- Please stay home if you or anyone in your family have symptoms or may have been exposed!
- Please stay home if you have come in contact with someone who is being tested, wait for their results, and if needed follow the 14 day quarantine protocol.
- Please follow the 14 day quarantine if you or a family member have left the state in the last 14 days.
- Please limit your dancer’s belongings and label his/her water bottle with their name.
- All surfaces are wiped down and floors mopped daily. High contact surfaces are wiped down in between each class.
- Floors are taped off with 6 foot squares for each dancer to dance in.
Registration – The Registration fee is $20 for one child, $30 for two children, $35 for three or more children per family. This is a yearly fee and is non-refundable. Registration papers, fee, and first month’s tuition must be handed in and paid in full on the day of registration.
Tuition – Tuition payments are to be paid on the first of the month. If not received by the 10th of the month, a 10% late fee will be issued. You may pay with personal check or cash. You are responsible for any charges incurred for returned checks. There are a total of 10 tuition payments (September – June). Tuition remains the same, regardless of absences. There are no Refunds.
Dress Code – Hair must be pulled back tightly, away from face. Hair in the face of the dancer is uncomfortable as well as very dangerous.
Ballet – Leotard, Tights, Pink Ballet Shoes
Tap – Leotard, Tights, Black Tap Shoes
Jazz – Dance Wear that is form fitting, Nude Jazz shoes
Contemporary/Lyrical – Dance Wear that is form fitting, Barefoot or Foot Undeez
Pointe – Leotard, Tights, Pointe shoes, (Skirts are allowed)
Hip Hop – Comfortable clothing (Not too baggy), Knees must be covered, Sneakers
Acrobatics – Dance Wear that is form fitting, Barefoot
Tumble – Dance Wear that is form fitting, Tank Top/Shorts, Sneakers
Boys – Athletic shorts, Shirt (Not too baggy), Sneakers for Hip Hop or Tumble
Parent +Me – Ballet attire for Child, Comfortable Clothing to move around in for Parent
Studio Etiquette –
*Please email or call us if you will not be able to attend class.
*All belongings stay in cubbies during class. Cell phones need to be turned OFF or put on SILENT during class.
* Dancers ONLY are allowed in the studios. Parents who may have a question for the teacher, can ask once class in finished.
*Please bring a water bottle labeled with dancer’s name to class.
*No gum, candy, food, snacks in the studios!
*Good conduct is expected from all students in class as well as in the waiting area. Students who are disruptive or disrespectful will be asked to leave the room.
*Parents and guardians are responsible for the care and conduct of their children before and after class.
*Young children may not be left in the waiting room unattended.
Recitals – There will be a Holiday performance in December and a Spring Recital in June. More information will be provided when dates are confirmed. Everyone who attends these performances will need to purchase a ticket (except for performers). Tickets will be $12 purchased in advance; $15 at the door.
Fundraising – The parent’s group will hold various fundraisers throughout the year. These fundraisers are optional. Each dancer’s profits will go into their own account (less 10% to the studio), and may be used towards costumes, competition fees, and tuition. Any funds are to be used by the end of the season.
Private Lessons – 30-minute Private Classes are available upon request. Limited time slots are available.
Holiday Schedule – Labor Day, Halloween (Only the night for trick or treating), Thanksgiving Day 25-29, classes resume Nov 30th, December 22- January 3, resume January 4th, Spring Break April 2-4, resume Monday the 5th, May 28- 31, Closed for memorial day.
Weather Cancellation– In the event of inclement weather, you will be notified by email that A Step In Time must close, or you can check the studios Facebook or Instagram. NO REFUNDS will be made. Those days will be treated as absences and make -ups can be made.
Studio Rentals – Studio space can be rented out by students for extra rehearsing or for private events/birthday parties. Please contact us for details.